Hariton's 'Famous' Vegetarian Casserole64 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 2 hr 30 min
- Ready In: 6 hr
“This is a very tasty dish consisting of all kinds of fresh vegetables and herbs baked in the oven. This will tantalize your taste buds. It has been a sell-out at our Greek Church at every function for five years now. We serve this on toasted, warm pita bread.” - by Patti Moschonas
Original recipe yields 36 servings
- Prepare the eggplant before assembling ingredients, by cutting them into 2 inch chunks and putting them into an extra large bowl with salted water to cover. This will draw out the bitterness from the eggplant. Let this sit for about 3 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Cut the potatoes, green bell peppers, onion, squash and tomatoes into 2-inch chunks. Cut the green beans and mushrooms in half and peel the garlic cloves.
- Drain and rinse the eggplant, then combine it with all the other chopped vegetables, the dill, oregano and basil and place all into a 3x13x18 inch roasting pan. Pour the tomato sauce and olive oil over all.
- Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 2 1/2 hours, adding a little water about halfway through cooking time to keep moist.
Amount Per Serving (36 total)
- 176 cal
- 5.1 g
- 30.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (64)Rate This Recipe
"This was so delicious!! I did not soak the eggplant though, because I thought it would be too limp. It came out great anyway. The other reveiwer was right about the portion size. I cut it down to a..." See more three serving size and it still made six to eight servings."
"this was awesome. Instead of soaking the eggplant in salt water, though I chopped it up, put it in a collander, and sprinkled salt on it. Then i let it sit for about an hour and rinsed it off. Not onl..." See morey does this work a lot better, but it saved time! Also, I threw a carrot or two in. I ran out of garlic so I just threw some garlic powder in and it seemed to work just as well."
Jeannie's Famous Potato Hamburger Casserole
Just swipe to see more like this.