Cocoa Banana Bars132 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 25 min
- Ready In: 40 min
“These bars are very moist with a rich banana and chocolate flavor. They are an after-school snack that the kids will beg for.” - by Lisa
Original recipe yields 1 9x13 inch pan
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13 inch baking pan.
- Beat the butter and sugar with an electric mixer in a large bowl until light and fluffy. Add the egg and the vanilla and beat until well combined. Stir in the mashed banana, set aside.
- Stir together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a separate large bowl, and make a well in the center. Pour the banana mixture into the well and stir just until combined.
- Remove half of the batter from the bowl. Mix the cocoa powder into the batter remaining in the bowl and stir well. Spread the cocoa batter in the bottom of the prepared pan. Spoon the remaining batter on top and use a knife to swirl the batter into a marbled design.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the edges are golden, about 25 minutes. Allow to cool before cutting into 24 pieces.
Amount Per Serving (24 total)
- 113 cal
- 4.3 g
- 18.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (132)Rate This Recipe
"I make these all the time for Potluck...the only bad thing about them is keeping DH from devouring them all before-hand! I usually put the chocolate layer on top so I only have to use one bowl. I al..." See moreso sometimes add walnuts and/or chocolate chips. Yummy!"
"This is a great recipe! Don't change anything! Too many people add and/or change recipes - this is great as shown!!..." See more"
"Wow!!! This really is "the Best!" I followed the recipe with amazing results. The only minor problem I had was that the batter was slightly dry. I used two large bananas and I didn't really measure..." See more it out to 1 1/2 cups. Next time I would add 4 bananas to make it more moist. I had to add some milk to the cocoa mixture to thin it out, but otherwise it was fabulous. "
Frosted Banana Bars
Banana Oat Bars
Just swipe to see more like this.