Trishie's Chocolate and Orange Bread Pudding4 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 30 min
- Ready In: 2 hr
“A classic dessert with a chocolate and orange twist!” - by Trishie
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Mix together the white and brown sugars in a small bowl.
- Pour half the sugar mixture into a separate mixing bowl and blend with butter, orange zest, and orange juice, and cinnamon. Spread the butter mixture on one side of each slice of bread. Cut each slice of bread in half diagonally. Arrange the bread triangles in an overlapping fashion in an 8x8 inch baking dish with the buttered side down.
- Place the remaining sugar, grated chocolate, milk, cream, and eggs into a blender, and blend until thoroughly mixed. Pour the chocolate mixture over the bread, making sure to evenly cover the bread. Cover and refrigerate the prepared dish for 1 hour.
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Bake the bread pudding until golden brown and set, 30 to 40 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 458 cal
- 29.8 g
- 40.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (4)Rate This Recipe
"This is a really nice way to use up day old bread. I was confused by the little amount of orange juice called for in this recipe and like the other reviewers felt it needed more. I juiced one fresh or..." See moreange and got about 1/2 C+ out of it. I also used all of the orange peel called for to give it that nice tart orange taste. The recipe doesn't state when or what step to add the cinnamon so I added it with the sugar/peel/juice. I first put a layer of that on the bottom of the pan, layered the bread, dotted with butter, another layer of the orange sugar mixture and then topped it all off with the egg/milk/cream. Baked for about 45 minutes. I also made a homemade orange sauce to serve with it and topped it off with whipped cream and shaved chocolate. Wonderful, wonderful, dessert."
"This is really tasty. I had to try this because I love chocolate and orange paired together. I did use orange extract in the butter mixture instead of orange juice. I also used less about about a 1/3 ..." See morecup of orange juice and decreased the milk by a 1/3 cup in the milk mixture. I used left over homemade bread that I needed to use before it went bad. I did double this recipe. And I am glad I did. My kids loved this as well. Thanks for the recipe."
"I used whole grain bread and soy milk. Due to the density of the bread, I added more milk (3/4 cup). The orange flavor wasn't there! Next time, the 3/4 cup will be of orange juice, so I'm sure we'l..." See morel taste orange! This is a wonderful tasting chocolate pudding without being super sweet. Thanks for the recipe!"
Panettone Bread Pudding with Spiced Orange Sauce
Chocolate Banana Bread Pudding
Just swipe to see more like this.