White Pizza with Porcinis2 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 40 min
- Ready In: 1 hr
“This recipe uses dried porcini mushrooms that have been rehydrated in warm water. If you can find fresh porcinis, also known as cepes and the great bolete, you should definitely use them! It's an amazing taste.” - by DJFoodie
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- Combine the flour, salt, honey and warm water in an electric mixer with a dough hook. Mix on low for 2 minutes. Add the yeast and let mix for another 6 minutes on medium speed. Add the oil and let mix for another 2 minutes. The dough should be fairly tough. Portion into 6-ounce balls. The rounder the balls, the rounder the pizza in the end. Place the balls in a warm place covered with a moist towel, and let double in size.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C) and place a pizza stone in the oven to preheat with the oven. Be sure to put the pizza stone in when the oven is cold to help it preheat.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Stir in the garlic and saute for 30 seconds. Then add the mushrooms and saute for about 2 more minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- On a lightly floured surface, pat or roll out the pizza dough to about a 1/4 inch thickness. Place on a wooden plank dusted with cornmeal and brush the crust lightly with olive oil. Sprinkle the Fontina and Parmesan cheeses over the crust, followed by the sauteed mushrooms. Carefully transfer the pizza to the pizza stone.
- Bake at 450 degrees F (230 degrees C) for about 10 to 15 minutes, or until crust is golden brown and cheese is melted and bubbly. Garnish with the parsley.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 498 cal
- 9.5 g
- 80.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (2)Rate This Recipe
"I did not follow this recipe exactly since I used my own whole wheat pizza dough. But the combination of porcini mushrooms (I used the dried mushrooms which I rehydrated) and fontina cheese is wonder..." See moreful. I have made this 3 times already - added chopped freshly steamed asparagus the last two times. Fresh herbs like tarragon and thyme are also delicious on this pizza. Thanks for the great pizza idea!!!"
"Thinking I could multi task, I used my bread machine to prep the dough and it was far more than I needed, and sticky. I will try the dough as instructed and see if I get better results. The toppings ..." See morewere good, just the right amount of nutty cheese flavor and savory mushroom. We couldn't buy porcini and used another dried mushroom, but felt the flavor was only slightly compromised with this selection. Because of the enormous amount of dough the one cup of cheese and small amount of ingredients left the pizza scantily covered. I will certainly be either reducing the dough in half or doubling my toppings next time."
Quick and Easy Pizza Crust
White Pizza with Mushrooms
Just swipe to see more like this.