Buttery Cupcakes with Coconut Topping10 Reviews
- Prep: 25 min
- Cook: 25 min
- Ready In: 50 min
“Perfect cupcakes to add to your lunch box. Very buttery with a yummy coconut and walnut topping. These never last more than an hour when I take them for my husbands co-workers. They are great served warm or cool.” - by LarissaSmith
Original recipe yields 12 cupcakes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a 12 cup muffin tin with paper bake cups. Sift together the flour, baking powder, salt, and 1 teaspoon cinnamon.
- In a large bowl, cream together 1/3 cup butter and white sugar until light and fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla and mix well. Pour in the flour mixture alternately with 3/4 cup milk; beat well. Fill the prepared muffin cups evenly, about half full.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden and the tops spring back when lightly pressed, 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, cream 1/4 cup butter with brown sugar until light and fluffy. Blend in 2 tablespoons milk until well combined and fold in the coconut, walnuts, and 1 teaspoon cinnamon.
- With the warm cupcakes in the muffin pan, carefully spread about 2 teaspoons of the frosting on the center of each one. Do not spread the frosting all the way to the edge.
- Preheat the oven's broiler and set the oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source.
- Broil the tops of the cupcakes in the preheated oven until coconut is lightly browned, 2 to 3 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 303 cal
- 15.9 g
- 38.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (10)Rate This Recipe
"I thought this was such an awsome recipe! The flavors are all very wonderful together. I followed this recipe to a T except I used almonds instead of walnuts that's all I had, and I cooked mine in a s..." See moreilicone muffin pan. I had a tough time figuring out the broiling part with mine, but they still turned out great. All in all my family and I loved it! My 4 year old asked for it to be his birthday cake for his next bday! Great Recipe!"
"These cupcakes were so good and easy to make! I didn't make the coconut topping because I don't like coconut but they were just as good with regular frosting from the store. These were much better t..." See morehan the store bought boxed cupcakes. I will definitely make these again."
"Yum! Yum! Yum!! Made these for my best friend's Bridal Shower that I both catered and hosted. She wanted to do cupcake decorating, and her bridal colors are Pink and Black. I tested this recipe the w..." See moreeek before the party, and FELL in LOVE with it. Didn't even bother with the coconut topping, just made the cupcakes and they were DELICIOUS! I added red food die to make them pink, and EVERYONE loved them. By far the best vanilla cupcakes I have ever had!"
Banana Coconut Cupcakes
Cupcake Princess' Vanilla Cupcakes
Just swipe to see more like this.