Roast Leg of Lamb with Rosemary389 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 1 hr 20 min
- Ready In: 1 day 1 hr 35 min
“This leg of lamb is marinated overnight with fresh rosemary, garlic, mustard, honey and lemon zest. Be prepared for many requests for seconds!” - by JMASS
Original recipe yields 6 to 8 servings
- In a small bowl, combine the honey, mustard, rosemary, ground black pepper, lemon zest and garlic. Mix well and apply to the lamb. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator overnight.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Place lamb on a rack in a roasting pan and sprinkle with salt to taste.
- Bake at 450 degrees F (230 degrees C) for 20 minutes, then reduce heat to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C) and roast for 55 to 60 more minutes for medium rare. The internal temperature should be at least 145 degrees F (63 degrees C) when taken with a meat thermometer. Let the roast rest for about 10 minutes before carving.
Amount Per Serving (7 total)
- 790 cal
- 55.4 g
- 11.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (389)Rate This Recipe
"I read all the reviews prior to making this dish and share the following: I did add the dash of lemon juice and the balsamic vinegar to the marinade as suggested by one reviewer; I also added two cups..." See more of water to the pan when I roasted the lamb. I followed the advise to cover loosely with a foil "tent" and cooked the meat for 20 minutes at 450, turning it down to 350 for 1 hour before putting the heat up to 400, removing the foil and continued to cook for a further 10 - 15 minutes. Roast was medium; I would cook about 10 minutes less at 350 to have a medium rare roast. As also suggested I took all the marinade (cooked with the roast), added a little red wine and red currant jelly. The roast was left to rest for 10 minutes and carved before serving with the sauce poured over. It was absolutely delicious. Sue from Richmond Hill"
"Taste buds went to heaven! We used a boneless leg of lamb, just under 7lbs. We added 1/4 c Balsamic vinegar, 1/4 c olive oil, and substituted 1 teaspoon lemon juice in place of lemon zest. We slit the..." See more roast about an inch deep all over the top and inserted lots of slivers of fresh garlic; marinated for 2 days and sprinkled with regular salt. We placed the lamb on a rack in a covered roasting pan, added cut up potatoes and carrots, baked at 350 for 2 hours, basting every 20 - 30 minutes. We didn't need to place marinade in the middle as others suggested, and also didn't need to add water to the bottom of the pan. We will add at least one cup of water to make gravy in the future. Moist, flavorful dish! The ingredients were a perfect blend."
"Very tasty for you lamb lovers! We added a squirt of lemon juice and 1 tbsp. balsalmic vinegar to the marinade. Baked the lamb with the marinade in an oven bag for 2 hours at 300 degrees. It was su..." See moreper tender! Took 2c of the fat drippings and cooked up a sauce with 1c. milk, 1tbsp cornstarch, rosemary twigs, and 1tsp balsalmic vinegar, salt/pepper to taste. A superb sauce/gravy for the lamb. We'll use this recipe again!"
Stuffed Leg of Lamb with Balsamic-Fig-Basil Sauce
Leg of Lamb
Just swipe to see more like this.