Lime Chicken with Cilantro Cream Sauce and Roasted Zucchini40 Reviews
- Prep: 25 min
- Cook: 50 min
- Ready In: 2 hr 15 min
“Chicken over roasted zucchini with a creamy cilantro sauce is a delicious dinner idea. The lime really brings everything together. A light pasta toss is the perfect accompaniment.” - by Sandy Sunshine
Original recipe yields 2 chicken breasts
- Whisk together 1/4 cup lime juice, garlic powder, cumin, salt, and pepper in a large bowl; add the chicken breasts. Cover and refrigerate 1 to 2 hours, turning the chicken occasionally.
- Preheat an oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a rolling boil over high heat. Once the water is boiling, stir in the linguine, and return to a boil. Cook the pasta uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the pasta has cooked through, but is still firm to the bite, about 11 minutes. Drain well in a colander set in the sink. Transfer linguine to a large mixing bowl; add 2 tablespoons olive oil, the Parmesan cheese, and the quartered cherry tomatoes; toss until the pasta is evenly coated in oil.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Cook the chicken breasts, turning once, until no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, about 20 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
- Meanwhile, lie the zucchini on a baking sheet. Coat the zucchini with 1 tablespoon olive oil with a pastry brush. Place zucchini on middle rack in the oven, and bake, turning every 5 minutes, until nicely browned, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the cilantro and garlic, cook and stir 1 minute. Pour in the wine, chicken broth, and 2 tablespoons lime juice, and return to a simmer. Transfer the mixture to a blender and blend until smooth. Return the mixture to the sauce pan and stir in the cream and green onions; bring to a boil and remove from heat.
- Lie the zucchini pieces side by side on a serving platter; lie the chicken breasts on the zucchini; pour the cilantro cream sauce over the chicken. Serve with the pasta on the side.
Amount Per Serving (2 total)
- 1353 cal
- 81.9 g
- 111.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (40)Rate This Recipe
"I love to find great new recipe and this would up there with the best! I made some modifications to make it less fat. I only used 1T of butter and cut the olive oil in half.I also used fat free half ..." See moreand half. I topped it the chicken with sliced avocados. My husband and I loved it!! We can have skipped the pasta portion! Thanks for a great new keeper!! "
"This is actually 3 recipes. The pasta & zucchini recipes were pretty blah. But, the chicken dish was delicious. Will definitely make again and serve with roasted veggies or rice. It is important to ..." See moreuse fresh cilantro and to use a blender. I tried the food processor and it wasn't creamy so had to mess up the blender too! "
"The timing of this recipe was a bit off -I thought the pasta was cooked too much in advance, however the sauce on this chicken was to die for. Wonderful flavors! I lightly floured the chicken before..." See more cooking, and I served mine w/angel hair pasta instead of linquine but other than that I followed the recipe as it was written."
Chicken with Sun-Dried Tomato and Roasted Pepper Cream Sauce
Chicken and Pasta in a Mango Cream Sauce
Just swipe to see more like this.