Chi Chi's Corn Cake34 Reviews
- Prep: 10 min
- Cook: 1 hr
- Ready In: 1 hr 10 min
“Serve this lightly sweetened corn pudding hot or cold.” - by SAUNDRA
Original recipe yields 1 9x9-inch pan
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a medium bowl, beat butter with electric mixer until creamy. Add masa harina and water and beat until well combined.
- In food processor or blender, process corn in short pulses to coarsely chop. Leave several pieces of whole corn. Stir the processed corn and the cornmeal into the butter mixture.
- In a separate bowl, stir together sugar, cream, salt and baking powder until well combined. Stir sugar mixture into butter mixture and pour all into a 9x9-inch baking dish. Cover with foil.
- Line a roasting pan with a damp kitchen towel. Place baking dish on towel, inside roasting pan, and place roasting pan on oven rack. Fill roasting pan with boiling water to reach halfway up the sides of the baking dish. Bake 50 to 60 minutes, or until pick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove baking dish from water bath and let rest 10 minutes. Serve using ice cream scoop or large spoon.
Amount Per Serving (10 total)
- 169 cal
- 10.8 g
- 18.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (34)Rate This Recipe
"Substitute Cream of Corn for Corn, and skip the food processor step - makes for a better corn cake..." See more"
"OMG I just made this tonight for my mexican themed dinner fiesta and wow! My husband ate more than half the pan! I used to LOVE these suckers at Chi Chi's but unfortunately some bad onions ruined th..." See moree whole franchise. Anyways, I did make a few changes to the recipe that made it super good. I used 1 cup of creamed corn and 1/2 cup of whole kernel corn (from the can). I didn't put it in the food proessor. I also used Jiffy cornbread mix instead of the mexican cornflour and cornmeal. It turned out perfect! My husband can't wait till I make this again!"
Sweet Corn Cake
Baked Corn I
Just swipe to see more like this.