Eclairs I26 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 40 min
- Ready In: 1 hr
“Cream puffs with a cream cheese filling and chocolate icing.” - by Thelma
Original recipe yields 20 pieces
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- For icing: In small saucepan, melt chocolate and 1 tablespoon butter over low heat. Remove from heat and, with electric mixer, beat in confectioners' sugar and 2 tablespoons hot water. Beat until smooth. Drizzle over filled eclairs.
- For shells: In medium saucepan bring 1 cup water to a boil, stir in 1/2 cup butter and salt. Stir until melted. Add flour all at once and stir vigorously until mixture forms a ball. Remove from heat and beat in eggs, one at a time, until smooth. Drop by tablespoons onto baking sheet.
- Bake 15 minutes in the preheated oven, then reduce heat to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) and bake until golden, 10 to 15 minutes. Cool completely.
- For filling: In large bowl, beat 1/2 cup of milk, a little at a time, into softened cream cheese, until creamy. Beat in remaining 1 1/2 cups milk and pudding mix. Stir until thick, 1 to 2 minutes. Cut tops off cooled pastry shells and fill. Replace tops.
Amount Per Serving (10 total)
- 380 cal
- 22.8 g
- 38.4 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (26)Rate This Recipe
"I make eclairs alot and for those who have a problem with the "shell"part not turning out....The recipe I have used for years (same ingredients and measurements for 12)calls for the ball of dough to c..." See moreool for 5 mins. then beat in eggs one at a time. After putting on greased baking sheet; bake for 20-25 mins. at 400(golden brown), then cut a 1-inch long slit on side of each eclair. Reduce oven temp to 375 and bake for 10 more mins (this allows the inside to cook a little).Hope this helps. Try filling with BAVARIAN CREME FILLING: 1 1/2 C. chilled whipped cream; 1 pkg. (8 oz) cream cheese, softened; 2/3 C. brown sugar; 1 t. vanilla; 1/8 t. salt...In a chilled bowl, beat cream untill stiff. Blend remaining ingredients & fold in cream."
"My family went crazy about this recipe. It was delicious. My 8 year old grandson told me that he didn't want me to bake his birthday cake in Feb., he wanted these eclairs. Easy to make too...." See more"
"Made the shells first because how they came out would determine if the whole recipe was worth making. Not to my surpirse did the shells come out like garbage. Way too much butter for such a dinky amou..." See morent of flour. First off the amount would have made maybe 6 tiny tiny shells which are bit sized! Second the dough never becomes shell like but stays doughy and soft. Very gross to look at and tasted like oily un-cooked dough. Horrible recipe! And a waste of ingredients!"
Cream Puffs I
Just swipe to see more like this.