Caramel Nougat Cake V5 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 1 hr
- Ready In: 1 hr 45 min
“Made with eleven regular milk chocolate covered caramel and nougat bars, buttermilk and baking soda.” - by Ann
Original recipe yields 1 10-inch tube pan
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 10 inch tube pan. Sift together the flour and baking soda. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, melt 8 candy bars with 1/2 cup margarine, stirring until smooth. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, cream together 1/2 cup margarine and 2 cups sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Beat in the flour mixture alternately with the buttermilk, mixing just until incorporated. Stir in cooled chocolate mixture and chopped nuts.
- Pour batter into prepared 10 inch tube pan. Bake in the preheated oven for 40 to 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 15 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely.
- To make the Frosting: In a medium saucepan melt remaining 3 candy bars with 1/2 cup margarine. Stir until smooth. Beat in confectioners' sugar to desired thickness.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 821 cal
- 37.4 g
- 114.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (5)Rate This Recipe
"This is absolutely the most delicious cake I've had!!!!!!!!!!..." See more"
"Please note: For the frosting to come out right, you need to add 1 tbl of milk. I tried making the frosting twice, throwing out the first attempt because it looked awful, very lumpy and the butter w..." See moreas leaking out. The second time I figured something must be off in the recipe. All it took was a splash of milk for the frosting to smooth out and it turned out perfectly. Overall, the cake is wonderful. The taste is much subtler than what I was expecting, and isn't too sweet. The frosting really gives it the candy taste. I made cupcakes out of this recipe, cooking them for 20 minutes, and they turned out beautifully! Yielded 4 dozen cupcakes and they were gone in a flash. Will definitely make again."
Caramel Nougat Cake II
Caramel Spice Cake
Just swipe to see more like this.