Cappuccino Cake with Mocha Frosting12 Reviews
- Prep: 10 min
- Cook: 30 min
- Ready In: 40 min
“A very simple cake using a white cake mix and cappuccino coffee powder. The vegetable oil has been reduced to account for the fat in the added cappuccino mix.” - by ANGELAELAINE
Original recipe yields 1 - 2 layer 9 inch cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour two 9 inch cake pans.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix and 1/4 cup cappuccino. Pour in 1 1/4 cups water, 3 egg whites and 1 tablespoon oil. Mix well, then pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake in preheated oven according to package directions until a toothpick inserted into center of cake comes out clean. Cool in pans for 10 minutes, then turn out onto wire racks and cool completely.
- To make the Mocha Frosting: In a large bowl, combine shortening with vanilla. Blend in half of the confectioners' sugar. Blend in 2 tablespoons milk. Repeat with remaining confectioners' sugar and 2 tablespoons milk. Mix in approximately half of the cocoa.
- Dissolve the 1 tablespoon instant coffee into 1 cup of hot water. While still warm, pour two tablespoons of the coffee into the frosting mixture. Mix in remaining cocoa. Add coffee mixture, a tablespoon at a time, until desired consistency is achieved. Fill and frost cake.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 540 cal
- 23.9 g
- 81.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (12)Rate This Recipe
"This was disappointing. The cake part had very little flavor. The frosting only had a very faint flavor, and that flavor was chocolate - no coffee flavor came through. I won't make this again. (The..." See more only positive thing I can say is that there was ample frosting; I had some left over even after I generously frosted the cake.)"
"I only made the frosting, but it was easy and delicious. I used about 1/2 of the coffee-water mixture and it had a very distinct mocha flavor. Will definitely make again...." See more"
Strawberry Cake and Frosting I
Champagne Cake With Buttercream Icing
Just swipe to see more like this.