Orange Raisin Cake11 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 40 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 10 min
“I have made this orange raisin cake a lot with pulpy oranges. So good when served warm. Use a blender or a food processor to grind the orange.” - by RUTHEY
Original recipe yields 1 - 9x13 inch pan
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9x13 inch pan.
- Squeeze the orange and reserve 1/3 cup of the juice. Grind the orange peel and pulp, raisins and 1/3 cup walnuts together. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda and salt. Add milk, shortening, and eggs. Beat for 3 minutes at medium speed. Stir in orange-raisin mixture.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake in the preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- For the topping: Drizzle reserved 1/3 cup orange juice over warm cake. In a small bowl combine 1/3 cup sugar, 1 teaspoon cinnamon and 1/4 cup walnuts; sprinkle over cake
Amount Per Serving (24 total)
- 168 cal
- 7 g
- 24.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (11)Rate This Recipe
"I used butter instead of shortening. The ingredients list should include additional 1/4 cup of walnuts. I made the topping and placed it on top of the cake prior to baking. The cake tasted wonderfu..." See morel."
"This is just an OK cake. I followed the recipe exactly, did not change a thing. But although I enjoyed the taste of the cake, did not like the texture. It was so dense, not a light moist cake at al..." See morel. Hopefully it will taste a little better in the morning! Just did not wow me!"
Banana Raisin Cake
Orange Oatmeal Cake
Just swipe to see more like this.