Quick Coffee Cake154 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 15 min
- Ready In: 30 min
“This coffee cake is wonderful, the cake itself it moist and delicious while the topping is slightly crunchy and sweeter. Together, they make a delightful combination that you will surely enjoy!” - by Stephanie
Original recipe yields 1 - 9 inch square pan
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9 inch square pan.
- In a large bowl mix together the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt. Cut in the shortening with a pastry blender to the size of small peas.
- In a separate small bowl, beat the egg well, then stir in the milk and vanilla. Add the egg-milk mixture to the flour mixture all at once. Stir carefully until just blended.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and spread evenly. Drizzle top with melted butter.
- In a small bowl mix together brown sugar, 2 tablespoons flour and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon. Sprinkle on top of cake. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake in the preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
Amount Per Serving (9 total)
- 268 cal
- 11.4 g
- 38.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (154)Rate This Recipe
"I'm glad I read all these reviews first! This is a great, quick coffee cake if you make a few adjustments to the recipe recommended here in the reviews. I doubled the sugar and added about 1/4th cup..." See more more milk. I also mixed the melted butter in with the topping mixture and sprinkled it all on top and then took a knife and dragged it through the batter (already in the pan) so that some of the topping would sink below. I really liked how it came out, I'm posting a picture in the photo section, so you can see. The cake came out nice and crisp on top but very moist below. It didn't last very long around my house and i'm already wanting to make it again!"
"WOW I had a hard time deciding if I should make this or not because some people seemed to realy like it and others seemed to really dislike it. I took the advice of another and added 2/3 cups sugar to..." See more the batter and a little extra brown sugar to the topping (about 3 tbls) and WOW was it delicious, so quick, easy YUMMY! Whatsmakes this recipe even better is that it requires so little ingredients and all are common place around my kitchen. I will try to double it next time and see how it works. This is certainly a keeper and the first recipe to motivate me to rate and review. Give it a shot!!!"
"This is a good basic coffee cake. I read through the reviews before making it and I doubled the sugar and added an extra 1/4 cup of milk. It reminds me of Drake's coffee cakes for some reason. Next..." See more time I would definitely double the topping. This is something if you're having people over at the last minute and you need something in a hurry to serve with tea or coffee."
Blueberry Coffee Cake I
Aunt Anne's Coffee Cake
Just swipe to see more like this.