Swiss White Chocolate Cake19 Reviews
- Prep: 25 min
- Cook: 30 min
- Ready In: 55 min
“This cake has won best tasting 3 years running at my local cake auction. My friends always ask me to make it for parties. You won't be disappointed! As a variation, stir in 1 cup each of coconut and chopped pecans before baking.” - by Bubelz
Original recipe yields 1 - 9x13 inch pan
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9x13 inch pan. Sift together the flour and baking soda; set aside.
- Chop the white chocolate and place it in a medium bowl. Pour the hot water over it and stir until chocolate is melted and smooth. Allow to cool to room temperature.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg yolks one at a time, then stir in the melted white chocolate and vanilla. Beat in the flour mixture alternately with the buttermilk, mixing just until incorporated.
- In a large glass or metal mixing bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Fold 1/3 of the whites into the batter, then quickly fold in remaining whites until no streaks remain.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Allow to cool.
Amount Per Serving (24 total)
- 216 cal
- 11.9 g
- 24.2 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (19)Rate This Recipe
"Well, first off, I should say that I am not a fan of white chocolate at all--and my biggest fear with this recipe was that the cake would be sickly sweet--having said that, the cake turned out to be d..." See moreelicious and even me and my friend who don't like white chocolate decided it was a definite do-over. I changed the recipe slightly when I made it--adding a bit more white chocolate (250grams) and reducing the sugar a bit. Also, I didn't have buttermilk in the house so i used two (125g) pots of natural unsweetened yoghurt. The yoghurt worked really well to cut the sweetness of the cake and helped to make it extremely moist. The only thing i noticed was that the cooking time wasn't accurate. This could be due to the cake pan i used--anyway--the cake took about an hour to cook, and i lowered the temperature to 150 C after 35 minutes to prevent the top from becoming too brown. To serve the cake i turned it upsaide down and put chopped white chocolate on top as decoration! Enjoy!"
" I thought it tasted more like a yellow cake than a white chocolate cake. Personally, it wasn't worth the time it took to make...." See more"
"I've made this recipe twice now and both times it's turned out fantastic. It works well as cup cakes. Yes the recipe takes a bit of time to prepare but it truly is excellent, melt-in-your-mouth deli..." See morecious. Rich but light all at the same time. I iced it with Honey Buttercream icing"
White Chocolate Pound Cake
Best Moist Chocolate Cake
Just swipe to see more like this.