Sweet Potato Pancakes with Lime Cilantro Yogurt Sauce4 Reviews
- Prep: 25 min
- Cook: 6 min
- Ready In: 31 min
“These tender and crispy Southwestern-style sweet potato pancakes served with a delicious lime and cilantro yogurt sauce make a tasty appetizer or side dish.” - by DANNON
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- In a small bowl mix together Dannon® All Natural Plain Yogurt, lime juice and cilantro. Set aside until pancakes have been cooked.
- Finely chop sweet potato and onion in food processor, making sure not to over process; there should be some texture to the mixture.
- Place potato onion mixture in medium size bowl and stir in potato starch, eggs, salt and pepper.
- In a 12-inch nonstick pan, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over a medium-high flame. Using a 1/4 cup measuring cup for each pancake, pour 4 of the 1/4-cups of batter into a hot pan, making sure to leave room in between pancakes; you may need to flatten batter a bit with the back of a spoon or back of measuring cup.
- Cook on each side about 3 minutes or until lightly browned and crispy. Flip pancake and cook for another 3 to 4 minutes or until pancake is fully cooked. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve with yogurt sauce on top. Garnish with lime wedges and cilantro (optional).
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 269 cal
- 16.1 g
- 27.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (4)Rate This Recipe
" These were so great. My husband loves his mothers potato pancakes, but will never let me make them for him because he's such a health nut. Sweet potatoes instead of white potatoes and plain yogur..." See moret instead of sour cream make these even better than the regular ones for us. The cilantro and lime really add a nice flavor that I never would have thought of. Will continue to make these always. Thanks!"
"My processor is broken so I grated the potato and just chopped the onion by hand, just like making a regular potato pancake. The sauce complements the pancakes well. I found it hard to shape the panca..." See morekes, but I might have used too much potato...I ended up adding another egg to the mixture."
Just swipe to see more like this.