Apple Walnut Cake34 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 1 hr
- Ready In: 1 hr 15 min
“This slightly spicy cake is better if you use butter and it's delicious warmed up the next morning.” - by JEWELJAY
Original recipe yields 1 - 10 inch tube pan
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Butter and flour one 10 inch tube pan.
- Cream together the butter and sugar. Add eggs one at a time beating well after each addition. Set aside.
- Sift together the flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg. Add to wet ingredients and mix well.
- Stir in vanilla, walnuts and apples. Mix well and pour into prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for approximately 1 hour or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Set aside to cool. Slide knife along outer edges to release bottom of tube pan. Slide knife along bottom of tube pan and inner tube to release cake.
Amount Per Serving (10 total)
- 572 cal
- 28 g
- 75.2 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (34)Rate This Recipe
"I made this cake 2 days ago for my husband and he loved it! I did, however, make a few adjustments to the basic recipe. I used 1 cup brown sugar and 1 cup of white sugar and used a 1/8 tea. of allsp..." See moreice as well. I also add 3-4 tablespoons of milk as I added the dry ingredients to the sugar and butter mixture. As we speak, I am making another cake to take to xmas party."
"Oh my goodness! A great cake. When I read the recipe I was looking forward to having it for dessert and for breakfast. It didn't come close to making it for breakfast! It was all gone within secon..." See moreds. I loved it and I don't care for baked apple anything. Really good flavor and easy to make. I'll be making thing anytime I need to impress. The only thing I did was drizzle a glaze (powdered sugar, milk, vanilla) on top for a little sweetness and to make it look nice."
Apple Butter Spice Cake
Apple Cinnamon Spice Cake
Just swipe to see more like this.