Double Chocolate Biscotti II10 Reviews
- Prep: 45 min
- Cook: 25 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 10 min
“Delicious rich, dark, semi-sweet double chocolate biscotti that you can make at home for a fraction of the cost of store bought biscotti, and they even taste much better. This recipe has been modified with egg substitute.” - by EHOLT
Original recipe yields 2 dozen
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, beat the sugar, olive oil and margarine until smooth. Stir in the egg substitute and vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa and baking powder, gradually stir into the wet ingredients. Mix in the chopped candy bar. Chill dough for 10 minutes.
- Divide the dough into two equal pieces. Roll each piece into a 9 inch long log. Place the logs onto the prepared cookie sheet 4 inches apart and flatten to 1 1/2 inch thickness. If there is not enough room, put each one onto a separate sheet.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven until somewhat firm. Cool on the baking sheets until cool enough to handle.
- Remove baked loaves to a cutting board and cut each one crosswise into 1/2 inch slices with a sharp knife. Place the slices cut side down back onto the baking sheets, and toast on each side for an additional 8 to 10 minutes. Cool on wire racks and store in an airtight container.
Amount Per Serving (24 total)
- 166 cal
- 6.9 g
- 24.4 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (10)Rate This Recipe
"Great recipe for the heart smart cookie lover! The only thing I changed was I used 5 ounces of MILK chocolate chips I had on hand instead of chopping up a candy bar. It was faster & easier. I also sli..." See moreced them thinner, at the end I had 46 biscotti. This cut all the calories, fat, ect information in half."
"Pure Passion! One night, my wife was feeling low, so I lit a fire, put on some relaxing music, and whipped up a batch of these exotic treats. Needless to say, we felt like we were in Venice and..., ..." See morewell you know. The next morning, we ate more of the biscotti with our morning coffee. Simply Great!"
Double Chocolate Biscotti
Chocolate Dipped Orange Biscotti
Just swipe to see more like this.