Mrs. Strong's Casserole49 Reviews
- Prep: 25 min
- Cook: 20 min
- Ready In: 45 min
“My grandmother got this recipe from an old neighbor, it's a lot like lasagna...but a lot better! It's absolutely delicious. Try it yourself!” - by Katherine
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Place ground beef in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Stir in crushed garlic, salt, sugar and tomato sauce; cover and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add noodles and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a small bowl combine green onions, cream cheese and sour cream. In a 9x13 inch baking dish, place 1/3 of the noodles, cheese mixture, and tomato sauce; repeat twice. Sprinkle Cheddar cheese on top of the casserole.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes or until bubbly; serve.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 489 cal
- 29.9 g
- 30 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (49)Rate This Recipe
"YUM! This taste like lasagna. I did make it a couple times. The first time I followed the recipe. It was a little bland to me. The next time I browned the meat and used minced garlic, onion powde..." See morer (or minced onions), pepper and salt. I didn't put in the green onions because we don't like them. I also put more cheese too. I really liked the cream cheese in this recipe. I didn't think it sounded very good. Just give it a try and you may like it like I did! My 6 and 9 year old liked it too."
"This is a good foundational recipe IF you DECREASE the amount of green onions and ADD one can of Cream of Mushroom soup. Mix the CR soup with the cream cheese, sour cream, and green onions. This adds..." See more so much more flavor. After these modifications, this dish was HEAVENLY. My family LOVED it!!!"
Fast and Easy Hamburger Casserole
Just swipe to see more like this.