Chicken Curry Party Salad10 Reviews
“Great flavors mingled with a tangy, creamy dressing make this a great hit with party guests. I always get asked for this recipe.” - by Katja
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil; add bouillon cube and stir until melted. Add chicken and poach for about 13 to 14 minutes. Remove chicken and leave broth in pot; cool chicken and cut into 1/2 inch chunks; reserve.
- Add mushrooms to broth and cook over medium heat; cook for a few minutes and remove mushrooms from stock; reserve.
- With remaining stock in pot, add some more water, if needed. Bring water to a boil and add pasta to cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain and discard stock. Cool pasta with running water; reserve.
- In a small bowl, combine sour cream, mayonnaise, garlic, curry powder and salt and pepper to taste.
- In a large bowl, combine cooled pasta, chicken, mushrooms, sour cream dressing, olives, apple, yellow bell pepper and celery; mix well. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours and serve.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 631 cal
- 33.4 g
- 57.2 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (10)Rate This Recipe
"I loved this salad. I bought some curry powder at the store for this recipe and it brought back so many memories of my moms shrimp curry recipes. I really enjoyed it except I didn't use the olives o..." See morer fruit. I also used light mayo and light sour cream. It was wonderful."
"My whole family enjoyed this, including my picky 14-year-old. I used low fat sour cream and mayo, omitted the black olives, added sliced green grapes and substituted farfalle pasta for the elbow maca..." See moreroni. Delicious! (And there were leftovers for lunch tomorrow!)"
"I had to make a few modifications since I didn't want to go to the store, but the dressing for this salad is amazing! I doubled the recipe, but only used about a 1/2 c. of sour cream and 1 1/2 c. of m..." See moreayo with the garlic and curry. Instead of the apples, I put in about 6 diced piquante peppers for amazing color and flavor. Wasn't sure about the olives in this but they were great! Highly recommend this."
Fruity Curry Chicken Salad
Curry Chicken Pasta Salad
Just swipe to see more like this.