Versatile Tomato Sauce3 Reviews
- Prep: 10 min
- Cook: 45 min
- Ready In: 55 min
“This delicious tomato and meat sauce can be used for spaghetti or lasagna. The pepperoni gives this sauce an extra kick.” - by Tracie
Original recipe yields 6 to 8 servings
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, warm oil and saute onions and garlic until caramelized; set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook ground beef until almost browned. Add onions and garlic and cook for 3 minutes.
- In a large pot over medium heat, combine tomato sauce and stewed tomatoes; bring to a boil and then reduce heat. Simmer sauce for 15 minutes.
- Stir pepperoni, ground beef mixture and green peppers into sauce; cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Stir in mushrooms, garlic salt, salt, ground black pepper, onion powder, oregano and Italian seasoning. Simmer for 10 minutes and serve.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 549 cal
- 39.8 g
- 23.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (3)Rate This Recipe
"I chose to use four ounces fresh baby bella mushrooms in this recipe instead of canned, I sauteed them with the onion and garlic. I also used garlic powder instead of garlic salt and red bell pepper i..." See morenstead of green. I did taste the sauce after simmering for a half hour and added more spices. If I made this sauce again, I'd add full teaspoons of all of the spices to start, except the salt. This was a simple sauce that came together quickly. The boys really liked that it had pepperoni. This would make a good goulash sauce."
Nana's Slow Cooked Meaty Tomato Sauce
Slow Cooker Tomato Sauce
Just swipe to see more like this.