Tomato Vodka Sauce110 Reviews
“This is a delicious and creamy sauce that can be served over penne pasta.” - by Denise H. Shaffer
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt better with oil; add onion and saute for 8 minutes or until transparent.
- Add tomatoes and cook for 25 minutes or until almost no liquid remains in skillet; stir frequently.
- Increase heat and add cream, vodka and red pepper flakes; boil for 2 minutes or until thickened to sauce consistency. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add penne and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain and transfer to a large bowl.
- Bring sauce to a simmer and pour over pasta; toss to coat. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese; serve.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 764 cal
- 31.7 g
- 93.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (110)Rate This Recipe
"YUM!! This turned out amazing!! I was trying to match Maggiano's Tomato Vodka sauce that they serve on their gnocchi, so I made the following changes. I added 3 tablespoons of jarred minced garlic wit..." See moreh the onions, used italian diced tomatoes, doubled the red pepper flakes and finished it off with 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil. Served this over the "quick gnocchi" from this site. Absolutely amazing!"
Mommy of Five
"This was an awesome recipe. I didn't think it would go over too well with my husband who is absolutely sick of pasta, but he LOVED it! I added 1/4 cup more heavy cream and 1/8 cup more vodka because..." See more we like saucy pasta. In addition, I always make pasta with garlic, weather it calls for it or not, so I added one clove of minced garlic to this recipe, as well as doubled the parmesan cheese (you can never have too much cheese!). I am definately making this dish again. Thanks Denise for the recipe."
Penne with Spicy Vodka Tomato Cream Sauce
Grilled Vegetables in Balsamic Tomato Sauce with Couscous
Just swipe to see more like this.