Chicken and Shrimp Linguine17 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 15 min
- Ready In: 45 min
“This recipe is a delicious and creamy dish with both shrimp and chicken. Serve with a loaf of crusty bread and a tossed green salad, if desired.” - by LT
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add linguini pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- In a small bowl, combine nutmeg, cayenne pepper, onion powder and pepper; set aside.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt butter and add 1/2 of the spice mixture, milk and cream. Heat until sauce thickens; set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, warm olive oil and add garlic, chicken, wine and remaining spice; cook until chicken is no longer pink. Remove chicken from pan and cook shrimp.
- Deglaze pan by adding some wine and heating it for 2 to 3 minutes; add the cream sauce and reheat if needed. Pour sauce over hot linguine and add chicken mixture and shrimp.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 1082 cal
- 47 g
- 89 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (17)Rate This Recipe
"Excellent recipe! Although some previous reviews suggested to double the sauce because there isn't enough, I found that I would actually need to thicken it with some cornstarch and parmesean cheese ..." See morebecause it was too watery (this may have also been because I dumped the wine saute into the pasta when all the meats and veggies were done cooking?). Oh well, I guess it depends on your personal preferences. I also added 1/4 cup of chopped green and red bell peppers and 1/4 cup fresh sliced mushrooms about 1-2 minutes before the chicken was done. Mmmm good. My daughter who is 5 years old had THREE helpings. Two thumbs up LT! Thank you for sharing this recipe."
"With a few minor changes, I changed this recipe from a 3 star to a 5 star. I found the original sauce recipe too thin. Next time I will make a reux first and then add the milk and cream. Also I wou..." See moreld brown the chicken first in the olive oil and garlic, add a touch of salt, remove from pan and then deglaze with the wine. When reheating the sauce in the now deglazed pan, I added 1 1/2 cups shredded parmesan cheese which added alot of flavor and texture."
Linguine Pasta with Shrimp and Tomatoes
Oven-Baked Chicken Linguine
Just swipe to see more like this.