Pasta Sauce with Italian Sausage73 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 1 hr
- Ready In: 1 hr 30 min
“A flavorful homemade recipe for those who are tired of sweet pasta sauces. Serve over your favorite pasta with a tossed green salad and crusty garlic bread.” - by CRAIG
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Removed casing from sausage links and cut into 1/2 inch slices. In a large skillet, brown sausage over medium heat for about 10 minutes; remove and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat ground beef, olive oil, garlic and onion over medium heat until meat is nicely browned; drain.
- Pour in tomatoes and tomato sauce; mix in salt, ground black pepper, basil, oregano, bay leaf and cooked sausage. Simmer uncovered for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- Mix cooked sauce with hot pasta and remove bay leaf from sauce before serving.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 339 cal
- 24.6 g
- 11.4 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (73)Rate This Recipe
"I have been looking for a chunky meaty sauce, and this is it! I removed the casings from the sausage and instead of chopping them into pieces, I mixed the sausage with the ground beef. I used a 28 o..." See morez. can of sauce, and a 14 oz. can of diced tomatoes. The onions do add some sweetness to the sauce, so keep that in mind when deciding how much to add. I used one half of a large yellow onion, and it wasn't too sweet. I also added some cayenne pepper to the sauce, and some parsley. This is a great beginner recipe! Next time I will try it with ground pork."
"This was very good! I did not use the ground beef but only sweet italian sausage. I added 1/2 cup of red wine. I used the sauce with the Italian Sausage and Peppers recipe from this site. Will mak..." See moree again."
Italian Spaghetti Sauce with Meatballs
Mom's Quick Pasta Sauce
Just swipe to see more like this.