Cheesy Stuffed Shells129 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 45 min
- Ready In: 1 hr
“This is a delicious baked pasta dish with large shells filled with meat, spinach and cheese that children always seem to love. It is kind of a 'spaghetti that behaves itself!'” - by Kimber
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add shells and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain and rinse in cold water.
- Place sausage in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium-high heat until evenly brown. Drain and crumble. In a large bowl, combine cooked sausage, spinach, ricotta cheese, egg, garlic, lemon juice and Parmesan cheese. Season with salt, pepper and oregano.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Stuff pasta shells with the sausage and cheese mixture and place in a 9x13 inch baking dish. Top with spaghetti sauce and mozzarella cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes or until the pasta is heated through and the cheese is melted.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 504 cal
- 20.8 g
- 53.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (129)Rate This Recipe
"This was just GREAT! One change is that I used uncooked shells -- easier to stuff. Then covered with tomato sauce and baked according to directions. Came out perfect...." See more"
"Great recipe - just a few small suggestions - one is to layer the bottom of your baking dish w/spaghetti sauce and layer the shells on top of that - and definitely add some shredded mozzarella to the ..." See morefilling. I also use fresh spinach vs. frozen. Top w/sauce and mozzarella. Delicious - plus they make wonderful leftovers and keep well frozen!"
Stuffed Shells I
Spinach and Cheese Stuffed Pasta Shells
Just swipe to see more like this.