Convenient Vegetarian Lasagna70 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 1 hr
- Ready In: 1 hr 45 min
“This is a very easy to fix meal with lots of vegetables and no meat. Serve with a tossed green salad and some warm bread, if desired.” - by Kimber
Original recipe yields 1 - 9x13 inch dish
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine ricotta cheese, eggs, Parmesan cheese, parsley, basil and ground black pepper. Stir to blend; set aside.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over high heat. Saute onions for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally; add carrot slices and saute about 2 minutes, then stir in green bell pepper and broccoli. Stir all together, reduce heat to medium and cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Scrape veggies into ricotta mix and mix well.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Ladle 1 cup of spaghetti sauce into a 9x13 inch baking dish and spread evenly over the bottom. Place 2 strips of lasagna lengthwise in the dish, then spread about 4 cups of the filling over the pasta. Sprinkle 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese over the filling; repeat layers.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 1 hour; let stand about 15 to 20 minutes, to firm up, before serving.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 581 cal
- 28.9 g
- 55.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (70)Rate This Recipe
"This is a good recipe with lousy instructions. For a 9x13 pan you will only need nine noodles, three layers of three noodles. On top of the first and second layers, put half of the cheese/veggie mixtu..." See morere. On top of the third layer (the top layer) put your last two cups of sauce. I actually used three cups of sauce for the top and sprinkled the top with extra mozzeralla and parmesan. Other adjustments I made: less onion, added garlic, added mushrooms, used fresh broccoli, and LESS oil. There is no way you need a half cup of oil. That really ups the fat content of this recipe. I sprayed the pan with PAM and used one tablespoon of oil. I sauteed on medium and it worked great."
"The end product was DELICIOUS, but we had to make a lot of adjustments to the proportions so I can't give this 5 stars. Namely, we used 1/2 of a 16 oz box of noodles which is 9 noodles. Also 1 lb of..." See more ricotta cheese and 2 eggs was plenty of filling for a 9x13 pan. I agree with another view on sauteeing the veggies in much less oil, abt 1 T is plenty! Will definitely make this (adjusted!) recipe again :-)"
"I love this recipe. I would recommend using only one package (16 oz) of lasagna noodles. I also used fat free ricotta and fat free mozzarella and did not worry about using the exact amount of vegetabl..." See morees as the recipe calls for. It turned out delicious, even with the fat free ingredients. I've made it twice. Yummy!"
Vegetarian Four Cheese Lasagna
Just swipe to see more like this.