Sweet Potato Cheesecake11 Reviews
- Prep: 1 hr 10 min
- Cook: 1 hr 5 min
- Ready In: 6 hr 40 min
“Sweet potato pie and cheesecake combined. My family loves sweet potato pie and cheese cake so I combined them!” - by MRSWILDTHING
Original recipe yields 1 - 9 inch springform pan
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- To Make Crust: In a medium bowl, stir together 1 cup flour, 1/4 cup sugar, 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon zest and 1 1/2 teaspoons orange zest. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs; stir in coconut. Mix together egg yolk and water; stir into flour mixture. Form dough into ball.
- Press slightly less than half the mixture onto the bottom of a 9 inch springform pan with the sides removed. Place on shallow baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Let cool. Attach sides onto pan and press remaining mixture all the way up the sides of the pan; set aside.
- To Make Filling: In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, 3/4 cup sugar, 3 tablespoons flour, 1 tablespoon lemon zest, 1 tablespoon orange zest, cinnamon and nutmeg. Beat until smooth. Blend in sweet potatoes and eggs. Stir in heavy cream. Pour mixture into prepared crust. Place pan in a shallow baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven for 65 to 70 minutes or until center of the pie is nearly set.
- Cool in pan on wire rack for 15 minutes. Using a small spatula or knife, loosen the crust from the sides of the pan; cool for an additional 30 minutes. Remove sides of the pan and allow pie to cool completely. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving.
Amount Per Serving (16 total)
- 345 cal
- 24.3 g
- 26.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (11)Rate This Recipe
"Very good and not too sweet. I replaced the crust with a gingersnap/graham cracker crust...." See more"
"Either we didn't follow recipe completely or something was missing. It just didn't taste like cheesecake. Tasted more like pumpkin pie! Maybe too much flour or not enough heavy cream...." See more"
"This was a good recipe; I made this for Thanksgiving dessert. The biggest challenge was the crust--it was difficult to spread the crust on the bottom of the pan, and then later on, the sides. I thin..." See morek it could have cooked longer than the suggested 70 minutes. I know the recipe said cook until set, but I thought it was set at 70 minutes. Would recommend this only to experienced cooks due to the crust factor!"
Sweet Potato Cheesecake
Sweet Potato Cake
Just swipe to see more like this.