White Chocolate Key Lime Endeavor with Macadamia Crunch16 Reviews
- Prep: 2 hr
- Cook: 20 min
- Ready In: 4 hr 20 min
“What an unbelievable combination! My quest for the best Key Lime pie led me to develop this recipe.” - by KDPFISTER88
Original recipe yields 1 - 9 inch pie
- To Make Crunch: In a food processor, combine nuts, flour and 1/4 cup sugar. Mix in 3 tablespoons butter until dough forms large crumbs; do not let the dough come together in a ball.
- Press the crunch into the bottom and up the sides of a 9 inch pie pan. Freeze until crust is firm.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Bake crust for 25 minutes, or until it is lightly browned and set. Let cool on a wire rack. Leave oven on at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- To Make White Chocolate Coating: In a small bowl, mix together 8 tablespoons butter and white chocolate. Place bowl over simmering water, stirring constantly until chocolate and butter are smooth. Pour mixture evenly into crust. Freeze until firm.
- To Make Key Lime Endeavor: In a medium bowl, whisk together the egg yolks, condensed milk and lime peel. Gradually stir in lime juice. Pour mixture into chilled crust.
- Bake in preheated 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) oven for 20 minutes. Let pie cool completely on a wire rack. Then cover and refrigerate for about 2 hours, or until chilled.
- In a chilled mixing bowl, whip the heavy cream with 1 tablespoon sugar until stiff peaks form. Spoon or pipe the whipped cream on top of pie before serving.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 633 cal
- 45.1 g
- 52.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (16)Rate This Recipe
"This recipe is incredible. I have made it multiple times now and it is a family favorite. To solve the "too much butter" debate once and for all. It is NOT a typo but you do need to use real white cho..." See morecolate (I use Ghiardellhi brand) and make sure to melt it very slowly over a double boiler. If done correctly all of the butter is absorbed smoothly into the chocolate. I made a variation of this recipe that turned out wonderful today. I cut down the lime juice by maybe 1/8 cup and added about 1/2 cup or a little more pureed fresh strawberries. The result is a tangy strawberry lime endeavor that is just out of this world in taste!!! I have also added 2 pureed peaches to the lime juice and an additional egg. That version was wonderful too."
"This recipe took me most of the day to make with having to freeze and bake and freeze and bake etc. BUT, it was SO-O-O-O worth it. I used only real lime juice and no concentrate, which makes a BIG dif..." See moreference in the flavor. I made it in an 8x8 square pan in bar form instead of pie, and it worked perfectly. If you have to impress them at the potluck and you have time to make it, bring this. I have never had any key lime anything that was this delicious."
"I'm sorry to say I had very poor results with this pie. I love key lime pie and was sure this would be a fantastic one. Now I am wondering if the 8 tablespoons of butter you mix with the white choco..." See morelate is a misprint. That is way too much butter, the white chocolate could not incorporate it. When I melted it and poured it into the pie crust it was already separating and the baked pie was positively swimming in butter during baking. There was a pool on top when I pulled it out of the oven, that I had to sop up with paper towels. I also thought the crust was much too gritty, like crunching gravel. For all the time I spent I was so disappointed. I've since then read that butter should never be mixed with melted chocolate, but should have been melted with one tablespoon of shortening."
White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies IV
Chocolate Macadamia Nut and White Chocolate Chip Cookies
Just swipe to see more like this.