REAL Homemade Pumpkin Pie57 Reviews
- Prep: 2 hr 30 min
- Cook: 1 hr
- Ready In: 3 hr 30 min
“Here is a fun recipe for those brave enough to make this wonderful pie from a pumpkin.” - by MISS_MARSH
Original recipe yields 2 - 9 inch pies
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Cut out top of pumpkin and clean out all seeds and strings from inside. Slice pumpkin vertically into 3 inch wide strips. Place strips onto a baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 1 hour. Once done, scrape the pumpkin from the skins, then beat with a mixer or puree in a food processor until smooth.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Mix the nutmeg, ginger, salt, evaporated milk and eggs with the pumpkin puree. Pour mixture into two 9 inch pie crusts.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) and bake for an additional 35 to 40 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Cool and refrigerate.
Amount Per Serving (16 total)
- 216 cal
- 12.4 g
- 20.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (57)Rate This Recipe
"Thankfully, I made this recipe the day before Thanksgiving and was able to redo everything before we had to eat the pie. It was horrible! The desert needs alot of sugar to sweeten it up. I suggest ..." See moreadding about 2/3c. of surgar and 1/3c. brown sugar to the recipe."
"I am such a poor baker and this recipe was so easy to follow...and I got to recycle my Halloween pumpkins! The pies were delicious. I added 3/4 cup brown sugar to the mix to sweeten it up. It made ..." See moretwo great Thanksgiving pies and I'm making one for Christmas!"
Homemade Fresh Pumpkin Pie
Mom's Pumpkin Pie
Just swipe to see more like this.