Original Recipe French Toast95 Reviews
“Thick slices of sweet bread are the perfect base for French toast.” - by King's Hawaiian®
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Slice bread crosswise so that each slice is about 1-inch thick. Cut larger slices into halves or thirds, if desired. Set aside.
- In a shallow mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, vanilla and cinnamon.
- Quickly dip slices (do not soak) in egg mixture and cook until golden brown on both sides.
- Keep egg mixture stirred and spices well blended.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve with warm maple syrup.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 266 cal
- 13.9 g
- 24.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (95)Rate This Recipe
"awesome! i did soak mine even though they told us not to--but not for too long b/c this bread is pretty absorbant. The bread made it great too...." See more"
"Loved it! I wanted to make my kids french toast and was all out of bread except a 4 Hawaiian mini rolls. So I decided to try it with them. My kids and I loved it so much we will never use plain bread ..." See moreagain! "
"I made this for my husband on his birthday and he loved it! He is a purist, he likes his French Toast without all the fuss and frills of some of these other recipes. I wasn't sure how he'd like this..." See more sweet bread, but he said its his new favorite! I made the recipe exactly as it states."
Just swipe to see more like this.