Seafood Au Gratin28 Reviews
- Prep: 35 min
- Cook: 15 min
- Ready In: 50 min
“This is delicious and well worth the effort! Make sure the seafood is very fresh. Best if served in individual baking dishes, but can be made in one larger dish if they are not available.” - by JELI
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Lightly butter 8 small baking dishes.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium high heat. Saute shrimp and scallops until firm, about 5 minutes.
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in flour until smooth. Gradually add chicken broth and raise heat to high. Stir until thickened. Mix in shallots, mushrooms and wine. Cook for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Arrange shrimp, scallops and crab in the bottom of prepared dishes. Pour sauce over seafood and cover with cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven until golden, about 12 t o15 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 397 cal
- 19.8 g
- 4.2 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (28)Rate This Recipe
"I was hesitant to make this after reading the first review- but I'm glad I did! I always order this dish in seafood restaurants and this recipe tastes even better than most I've ordered. I wouldn't ch..." See moreange the sauce at all. My family loved it and I plan to make it often! "
"Very good. Husband really enjoyed the topping - I substituted monterey jack as I did not have any provolone on hand. Also used frozen scallops and shrimp, omitted the wine, and used fresh mushrooms ..." See more(which I sauteed in butter before adding to sauce). Substituted minced onion and garlic (2 to 1) for shallots as I did not have those either. Also used low-sodium chicken broth to reduce sodium content(fresh mushrooms also reduced the sodium content) Will make it next time as per recipe (except for the lower sodium options) - should be even better without all the substitutions and omissions!"
"I thought this was excellent. I had to scale the recipes down to just two servings, so a few minor adjustments were needed. I tested the sauce before pouring over the seafood and found I needed to add..." See more a bit of water as it was too salty for my taste. I also had to add more flour due to the added water. I used 1/4 teaspoon of cajun seafood seasoning and mozzerella cheese. It was great. Thanks for sharing!"
Curried Shrimp Au Gratin
Butternut Squash, Apple, Onion Au Gratin
Just swipe to see more like this.