Apple and Sausage Cornbread Stuffing27 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 1 hr
- Ready In: 1 hr 30 min
“Prepare this easy, tasty stuffing in a baking dish, or use it to stuff a big bird. Apple and sausage give it a sweet and savory flavor.” - by B.E. Larkin
Original recipe yields 8 to 10 servings
- Prepare corn muffin mix according to package directions. Cool and crumble.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place sausage in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, slowly cook and stir the mushrooms, celery, onion and garlic until soft.
- In a large bowl, mix the crumbled prepared corn muffin mix, sausage, mushroom mixture, apple, bread, salt and pepper.
- Transfer the mixture to a medium baking dish. Bake in the preheated oven 45 minutes, or until lightly browned.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 453 cal
- 17.3 g
- 58 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (27)Rate This Recipe
"I added 2 eggs and a can of chicken broth. I'm thinking that a couple of liquid ingredients were missing from this recipe. But the end result was very tasty...." See more"
"This was a really good recipe, but I had to change somethings around. Thank god I got a can of chicken stock at the store just incase, because it would've been to dry without it. Also, I used jimmy de..." See morean sausage instead and crumbled it into the mix. I would definitely make this again!"
"Good recipe--very nice flavor. I left out the garlic and celery (don't care for celery), and used pepperidge farm corn bread stuffing mix (12 ozs)--also added a can of chicken broth. Next time I wil..." See morel leave out the apple, as I didn't think it really added very much to the stuffing. But the sausage (used country sausage), mushrooms and onion gave it an outstanding flavor. Will be making this again--next time I will add a little more moisture."
Awesome Sausage, Apple and Cranberry Stuffing
Cornbread and Sausage Stuffing
Just swipe to see more like this.