Apple Strudel II6 Reviews
- Prep: 1 hr 30 min
- Cook: 1 hr
- Ready In: 2 hr 30 min
“Homemade dough and filling make this apple strudel especially fun and delicious!” - by June
Original recipe yields 1 strudel
- Sift all-purpose flour into a large bowl. Mix in egg, water, white sugar, lard and salt. Knead until soft and smooth. Lightly brush with approximately 1 tablespoon butter. Cover with a towel and set aside 1 hour.
- Mix bread crumbs and 3/4 cup butter in a medium bowl. Mix in ground walnuts, apples, raisins, cinnamon and sugar.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly butter a medium baking dish.
- On a large, lightly floured surface stretch and roll the dough into a large, very thin rectangle. Cut away thick edges. Sprinkle with approximately 1/2 cup melted butter. Spread bread crumb mixture across the dough, leaving a two inch border on all sides. Fold one end of the dough over the filling, then roll dough to form strudel. Cut so that it will fit the baking dish.
- Place strudel in baking dish and brush with remaining butter. Bake in the preheated oven 1 hour, until surface is golden brown and apples are tender.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 620 cal
- 29.2 g
- 87.4 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (6)Rate This Recipe
"The inside was delicious but the dough was hard. The second time i made it, i did not cook it as long and buttered it up well before going into the over. It was PERFECT!..." See more"
"Use phyllo dough instead of trying to make the recipe version. The phyllo is a lot better, not tough, but light and flaky like I remember struedel tasting when I lived in Germany...." See more"
Apple Strudel Muffins
German Apple Strudel
Just swipe to see more like this.