Roasted Sweet Potato and Rocket Salad8 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 45 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 35 min
“I had this salad at a once popular New-American restaurant in Jersey City, but it's no longer in business. The restaurant used a house-made Romesco dressing, but I made my own roasted red bell pepper dressing that also compliments the peppery rocket leaves, also known as baby arugula. It makes a great appetizer or a compliment to a nice entree. ” - by Navy S.
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Preheat an oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Whisk the 1 tablespoon olive oil, salt, and pepper together in a bowl; toss the sweet potato wedges with the olive oil to coat. Place the bell pepper halves with their cut-sides down onto a baking sheet; arrange the sweet potato wedges around the peppers.
- Roast in the preheated oven until the potatoes are slightly charred and crispy and the the bell pepper skin is blistered, about 45 minutes. Shake the pan once mid-way through the cooking time to keep the mixture from sticking to the pan. Set the potato wedges aside to cool. Place the pepper halves into a bowl and cover with plastic wrap; allow to sweat until cool, about 20 minutes. Peel the skin from the peppers and discard.
- Mince the garlic and shallot together in a food processor. Add the peeled peppers, lemon juice, mustard, hot sauce, salt, and pepper; puree until smooth. Slowly stream the 1/2 cup olive oil and the walnut oil into the mixture as it blends. Transfer to a large bowl; add the arugula leaves and toss to coat.
- Divide the potato wedges between 4 salad plates; top the wedges with equal amounts of the dressed arugula leaves. Shave the Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese over the salads to serve. Serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 583 cal
- 60.2 g
- 8.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (8)Rate This Recipe
"This was delicious! I used about 3 more cloves of garlic and didn't have walnut oil. I used 1/4 cup of vinegar as well. My husband loved it. I will definitely be making this again...." See more"
"I have now made this several times and it is a great winner. Everybody loves the dressing especially. Only difference I have made is to add Parmesan instead of the dearer cheese. Thank you..." See more"
Roasted Beet, Peach and Goat Cheese Salad
Sweet Potato Salad
Just swipe to see more like this.