Corn Dog Casserole117 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 30 min
- Ready In: 45 min
“This casserole tastes just like a corn dog, only better, thanks to the addition of cheese, celery, green onions, and spices. This is a very tasty, kid-friendly dish. Since we became vegetarians, we use veggie hot dogs instead of meat in the recipe. The recipe makes 12 servings, but you can cut the recipe down to the size you need.” - by COURTNEYSUNSHINE
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease a shallow 3 quart baking dish.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter, then saute celery for 5 minutes. Stir in green onions, and saute an additional 5 minutes. Place in a large bowl and set aside.
- Cut hot dogs lengthwise into quarters, then cut into thirds. In the same skillet, saute hot dogs for 5 minutes, until lightly browned. Mix hot dogs into celery and onions. Set aside 1 cup of this mixture.
- In a medium bowl, combine eggs, milk, sage, pepper, and corn bread mix. Stir well to combine, then stir into remaining hot dog mixture. Mix in 1 1/2 cups cheese. Spread mixture into prepared baking dish. Top with reserved hot dog mixture and remaining 1/2 cup cheese.
- Bake uncovered in preheated oven for 30 minutes, until golden brown.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 396 cal
- 19.4 g
- 34.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (117)Rate This Recipe
"I came up with a recipe almost identical to this one about two weeks before I saw it. So I prepared this recipe to see how it stacked up against mine. It's very tasty, I like it. Try throwing in a can..." See more of no-beans chili and make it taste like a CHILI corn dog. Even better. "
"This is a dish my whole family loves - including my 2-year old son and meat-eating husband. I don't typically have green onions on hand, so I substitute yellow or white onions (whatever I have)and it ..." See moretastes yummy anyway. I always leave out the sage because we don't care for the flavor. You could use regular hotdogs, as they are less expensive, but the veggie dogs are healthier. I suggest skipping the step where you reserve part of the hotdog mixture for topping.The topping ends up sinking into the cornbread mix anyway so it really isn't necessary."
Thanksgiving Corn Casserole
Chicken and Corn Enchilada Casserole
Just swipe to see more like this.