Tina's Greek Stuffed Peppers20 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 30 min
- Ready In: 1 hr
“I took my some of my favorite Greek ingredients to make these delicious stuffed bell peppers. The ground lamb can be replaced with ground beef or turkey if you wish.” - by Tina G.
Original recipe yields 6 stuffed peppers
- Bring a pot of lightly salted water to a boil over high heat. Cook the orzo in the boiling water uncovered, stirring occasionally, until tender yet firm to the bite, about 8 minutes. Drain.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat; cook and stir the onion and garlic in the hot oil until fragrant, about 1 minute. Crumble the ground lamb into the mixture; season with the oregano, basil, and salt and pepper. Continue cooking until the lamb is completely browned, 7 to 10 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir the orzo, spinach, tomatoes, tomato paste, and feta cheese into the lamb mixture until evenly incorporated.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Evenly rub the outside of the bell peppers and the tops with 2 tablespoons olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Arrange in a baking dish large enough to accommodate all of them standing upright. Fill the peppers with the lamb mixture and replace the tops.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the peppers begin to brown, 30 to 40 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 639 cal
- 34 g
- 51 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (20)Rate This Recipe
"My husband loves Greek food so I thought he would love this, but when I asked his input he suggested rating it only 4 stars! His reason was now that he has been eating goat cheese rather than feta on..." See more his salads everyday, he has developed a preference for goat cheese and didn't care for the feta. I prefer feta and think most people do, so I won't deduct a star for that! I absolutely LOVED this so I overruled and gave it 5 stars. Also, I normally don't eat lamb because I didn't think I liked it, but I DID use it in this and it was awesome! Don't automatically substitute beef if you're not familiar with lamb! Try it in this recipe, the flavors go great together!"
"Absolutely delicious and REALLY filling. I was looking for a new take on a stuffed pepper recipe, and this was it. The only thing that I would change is a little more basil, a little less oregano. Bu..." See moret, if you are looking for a delicious all-in-one dinner, this is it. I also had a salad on the side, and it was way too much food... the pepper is all you need!"
"Very good recipe. I was looking for something to use up the last of my orzo and I love stuffed peppers so this one really caught my eye. I added about 1/2 C pine nuts and just a sprinkle of parmesan..." See more on top. I also cut my peppers in half (stem to base) for smaller portions. I prefer my peppers a little softer than these came out so next time I will bake them for 1 hr. Thanks for the recipe!"
Stuffed Peppers with Creole Sauce
Stuffed Jack-O-Lantern Bell Peppers
Just swipe to see more like this.