Ribbon Meatloaf22 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 1 hr 30 min
- Ready In: 2 hr
“Beautifully mellow in flavor, this meatloaf has a ribbon of cheese flowing through the middle of it. Use the cheese of your choice. In this recipe, I use Cheddar cheese, but you could try it with blue cheese or American cheese.” - by Maureen Worman
Original recipe yields 6 to 8 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, stir together the bread and milk. Add the beef, pork, egg yolk, onion, salt, ground black pepper, dry mustard, sage, celery salt, garlic salt and Worcestershire sauce. Mix well and set aside.
- To make filling, in a medium bowl combine the egg white and water. Toss lightly with the bread pieces and Cheddar cheese.
- Pat 1/2 of the meat mixture into the prepared loaf pan. Cover with the cheese filling and top with the remaining meat mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 1 1/2 hours.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 557 cal
- 38.8 g
- 14.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (22)Rate This Recipe
"This is exactly the same recipe given to me by my mother-in-law, only without the addition of the cheese. For a variation, I highly recommend shaping the loaf "free form" on a foil-lined broiler pan,..." See more and lay slices of bacom horizontally across the top and sides, tucking the ends under the loaf. The bacon really makes this meatloaf delicious!"
"My kids love cheese inside their meatloaf, so I've used several types. Mozarella in the center with marinara sauce covering the top of the loaf is a nice italian version. Pepper jack and enchilada sau..." See morece makes it a little mexican. You can let your imagination go wild. Try ham and swiss and cover top with cream of mushroom soup too."
Just swipe to see more like this.