Coco Cola Cake10 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 35 min
- Ready In: 55 min
“Fulfill your cola desires with this cake! This recipe use cola-flavored carbonated beverage and is really delicious.” - by JOYCEJJ111
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 16x20 inch baking pan or casserole dish.
- In a saucepan, bring butter or margarine, cocoa, and cola-flavored carbonated beverage to a boil. In a mixing bowl, combine sugar and flour.
- Pour the hot margarine mixture over the sugar and flour; stir until well blended. Mix buttermilk, eggs, baking soda, vanilla extract, and pecans into the mixture. Pour batter into the prepared baking pan or casserole.
- Bake in the preheated 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) oven for 35 minutes, or until done.
- Frosting: Melt 1/2 cup margarine or butter, 3 tablespoons cocoa, and 6 tablespoons cola together. Stir the mixture into the confectioners' sugar and fold in 1/2 cup pecans. Spread this mixture over the warm cake.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 1159 cal
- 64.7 g
- 145.4 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (10)Rate This Recipe
"I love this cake but a couple of things........ I think the 1/2 cup butter or margarine and 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder in the middle of the ingredients list is intended to begin the frosti..." See moreng ingredients but is duplicative.......... I tried to make this a layer cake but it was too moist so next time I will use a 9x13 casserole dish........The frosting wasn't moist enough so I added an additional 6 teaspoons of cola. With these corrections or additions, I would rate this 5 stars. :-)"
"I made this recipe years ago and lost my copy. Was happy to find it here. It is very simple to make and very good. Similar to Texas Cake...." See more"
"My grandmother used to make this for me every birthday! This is the same recipe, except she would add 1 1/2 cup mini marshmallows into the cake batter. Yummy! Also, I noticed there is a repeat of b..." See moreutter and cocoa powder in the icing on this recipe which is an error. . It only needs 1/2 butter and 3 TBS cocoa powder..."
Texas Sheet Cake II
Coco-Cola Cake I
Just swipe to see more like this.