Baked Fruit Dumplings6 Reviews
- Prep: 1 hr
- Cook: 45 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 45 min
“A wonderful light dessert. Good with apples, pears, blueberries, raisins, nuts, and probably anything you think of. Serve with vanilla ice cream.” - by AMARANTH
Original recipe yields 6 dumplings
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease a 7x11 inch baking dish.
- In a large bowl, mix flour, baking powder, salt and brown sugar. Cut in butter. Pour in milk and stir to form a dough. Turn out onto a well-floured surface and roll out. Cut into 6 - 6 inch squares.
- Place a whole apple in the center of each square. Fill the core with blueberries. Drizzle with maple syrup. Pull up corners of dough and pinch edges together to seal. Place dumplings in prepared pan and sprinkle with cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Combine remaining maple syrup with enough water to pour over dumplings to a 1 inch depth in dish. Submerge remaining blueberries and apple peelings with dried orange peel in liquid.
- Bake in preheated oven 45 minutes, basting as necessary, until crisp and browned. Serve warm with sauce.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 444 cal
- 16.8 g
- 70.2 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (6)Rate This Recipe
"The crust is the best part. I would like it better with 1T of butter and 1tsp of sugar inside. The mixture of fruits and maple syrup is delicious! MsJNewell..." See more"
"Great recipe! I served this to guests and it was heavenly! I forgot to add the cinnamon and nutmeg and it still tasted great! Definitely should be served with ice cream. THANKS!!!..." See more"
"It took me about 2 hours total to put this together, partly because I had to core the apples by hand. I used strawberries because that's what I had on hand. I didn't think that they tasted very much o..." See moref anything and the dough was soggy where the juices were. Next time I'll use a store bought dough and try it with blueberries. Thanks, I'm sure we'll use this recipe again."
Fresh Fruit Cobbler
Easy Fruit Cobbler
Just swipe to see more like this.