Barbequed Ribs283 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 3 hr
- Ready In: 11 hr 30 min
“Two day ribs, but worth the effort. Baked and marinated with a rub overnight, then grilled with barbecue sauce.” - by Gail
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Place ribs on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Scatter 4 cloves of sliced garlic over ribs. Cover, and bake for 2 1/2 hours. Cool slightly.
- In a small bowl, mix together white sugar, paprika, salt, black pepper, chili powder, and ground cumin. Rub spices over cooled ribs. Cover, and refrigerate overnight.
- In a small saucepan, mix together brown sugar, cider vinegar, ketchup, chili sauce, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, onion, dry mustard, and 1 clove garlic. Simmer over medium-low heat, uncovered, for 1 hour. Reserve a small amount for basting; the remainder is a dipping sauce.
- Preheat grill for medium heat.
- Place ribs on grill. Grill, covered, for about 12 minutes, basting with the reserved sauce, until nicely browned and glazed. Serve with remaining sauce for dipping.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 719 cal
- 54 g
- 18.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (283)Rate This Recipe
"Believe the hype-- these were fantastic! I don't have a grill so for the grill part, I just put them in the oven at 350 degrees, basting frequently. As recommended, I made double the sauce and didn't ..." See moreleave it over for dipping--- I just slathered the whole amount on there throughout basting! The first time, I didn't listen to others advice and only made the standard amount of sauce. Big mistake! Make double!The sauce was finger-licking good (I mean literally) and I was so pleased that I made my own sauce. No more store-bought-- this one's a keeper! As other people mentioned, I also added a bit of chili pepper flakes for some heat, and it was the perfect balance. Thanks for the recipe for these tender, delicious ribs!"
"Wow, these ribs are definitely 5 star. Changed a couple of things on the 2nd round of making these to fit the family's preference. Instead of 1 tbsp of white sugar in the rub, I subbed 3/4 tbsp of w..." See morehite sugar and 3/4 tbsp of brown sugar. Added 1 tsp of liquid smoke to the sauce, used dried minced onions vs fresh diced onion and added 1/4 tsp of dried red pepper flakes to balance the sweet sauce. Perfect mixture of sweet and spicy. Took other reviewers advice and doubled the sauce and am so very glad I did! Thanks Gail for a GREAT recipe!"
"These ribs were excellent; quite tender and full of flavor. Although they require some pre-planning, they are extremely easy and so delicious. A tip: After roasting the ribs for 2-2 1/2 hours, the g..." See morearlic slices will be soft; smash them and rub them on the ribs before sprinkling with the rub spices."
Prize Winning Baby Back Ribs
World's Best Ribs
Just swipe to see more like this.