Baklava I10 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 30 min
- Ready In: 45 min
“This is very simple and so good.” - by ESHEEN
Original recipe yields 1 9x13-inch pan
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13-inch baking pan.
- Cut phyllo dough to size of pan, and place half the sheets in the bottom of the pan. Grind walnuts with 1/2 cup sugar and cinnamon in food processor or blender. Spread ground walnut mixture evenly over phyllo. Place remaining phyllo sheets on top of walnut mixture.
- Melt margarine with oil in small saucepan over low heat or in microwave. Brush melted mixture over top layer of phyllo. Cut baklava into diamond shapes with a sharp knife.
- To make syrup: Combine 3 1/2 cups sugar, water and lemon juice in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, then remove from heat. Let cool before pouring over pastry.
- Bake 30 minutes in center of oven, or until golden brown. Pour syrup over hot pastry. Let cool before serving.
Amount Per Serving (35 total)
- 243 cal
- 12.7 g
- 31.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (10)Rate This Recipe
"Leaving the honey out wasn't so good. The honey is the key ingredient to this irressible greek favorite. This would be perfect with the honey in it. The honey adds the most flavor along with the other..." See more ingredients."
"My friends and I were getting together for Greek nite and I decided to try this Baklava recipe. It was absolutely delicous. I was told that it tastes exactly like the Baklava from Greece...." See more"
"Good recipe--a friend of mine made baklava from this recipe... One thing I would change would be to use melted butter instead of margarine. I have been using a recipe from my Greek cookbook for years ..." See moreand it just seems to taste better with butter. Also, after cutting into diamond shapes I put a clove in each piece before baking. It adds just a hint of flavor and it looks nice too! But remember to remove the clove before eating! "
Just swipe to see more like this.