Grilled Gruyere and Roasted Vegetable Sandwich3 Reviews
- Prep: 10 min
- Cook: 20 min
- Ready In: 30 min
“Eating your vegetables has never been more enjoyable.” - by Roman Meal®
Original recipe yields 2 sandwiches
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Foil-line one baking sheet.
- Place bell pepper, zucchini, onion and salad dressing in medium bowl; toss lightly. Spread vegetables on baking sheet.
- Bake 12 minutes or until tender. Remove from oven.
- Layer cheese and roasted vegetables between slices of bread creating 2 sandwiches.
- Heat medium skillet; spray with nonstick cooking spray. Cook on each side for about 2 to 3 minutes or until golden brown and cheese is melted.
Amount Per Serving (2 total)
- 283 cal
- 12.3 g
- 31.4 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (3)Rate This Recipe
"i'm giving it 4 stars for the proportions & cooking time (which was off), not the taste... that was 5 stars. i used 1/3 lb of Gruyere, 1 zucchini, 1 pepper, and 1 small onion (roasted in the oven ab..." See moreout 25 minutes), and this made 3 sandwiches. we also had Annie's shitaki-vinaigrette and used that for a wonderful marinade. YUM! "
"I agree with the previous reviewer, the time did seem off. I just made one serving but I think 12 minutes of the veggies in the oven would burn it (It took me around 7 minutes). It was really deliciou..." See mores however. I did make a change and used American cheese because I had alot of them in my fridge although I had some swiss cheese spread... Next time I'll try it with the swiss. I also made my own semi italian dressing using a recipe on this site Creamy Italian Dressing I)although I didn't have all the ingredients for this dressing (garlic salt, onion) the sandwich was really tasty none the less. And I actually used a roman meal bread because that's what I bought before! I ate it with a large portion of salad. It was really delicious, I'll make it again with some variations just because I like experimenting."
Grilled Chicken Mojito Sandwich
Whole Grain Apple and Herb Stuffing
Just swipe to see more like this.