Whole Grain Bread Pudding with Caramelized Bananas3 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 35 min
- Ready In: 50 min
“Roman Meal brings you a lightened-up bread pudding, filled with whole-grain bread and bananas.” - by Roman Meal
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease six, 8-ounce ramekins or custard cups.
- Place bread cubes in large bowl. Combine milk, eggs, sugar and vanilla in medium bowl; stir until blended. Pour milk mixture over bread cubes; set aside for 10 minutes. Stir in bananas. Divide evenly into prepared ramekins. Place ramekins on baking sheet.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes until puffy. Remove from oven. Place on wire racks for 10 minutes.
- Preheat broiler to 400 degrees F.
- Sprinkle each bread pudding with 1 teaspoon brown sugar. Place on baking sheet and broil 2 minutes until browned; watch carefully to avoid burning.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 228 cal
- 4.5 g
- 41.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (3)Rate This Recipe
"I'm not sure why the recipe mentions carmelized bananas because they won't come out that way unless you cook them in a pan with butter before adding them to your bread mixture... I used a around cass..." See moreerole dish (maybe a 2qt with glass lid) instead of ramekins. After cubing the bread, add bananas (I also added golden raisins that I soaked in water for 20 minutes) to the dish. Add the egg mixture (I added cinnamon to the egg mixture) to the bread and let soak for 20 minutes (10 minutes wasn't long enough, i wanted it to be very moist). I cooked at 350, 20 minutes covered, 15 minutes uncovered (use the last 15 minutes to make a delish rum sauce, search for it on all recipes, its super easy to make!!).. You wont be able to tell what kind of bread is used, you can honestly use whatever you have on hand, I used 12 grain bread tonight, it came out great!!"
"I just pulled it out of the oven 5 minutes ago and hubby ate two bowls of it already! I used toasted white bread, as I had no wheat bread. I also added 1/2 teaspoon each of nutmeg and cinnamon. I b..." See moreaked it in a casserole dish instead of individually, and had to bake it for 1 hour, 15 minutes. It needs something, though, perhaps butter."
Just swipe to see more like this.