Stuffed Acorn Squash Supreme51 Reviews
- Prep: 10 min
- Cook: 20 min
- Ready In: 30 min
“Acorn squash is partially cooked in the microwave, then filled with turkey sausage, broccoli, cheese, rice, and apples.” - by DRDEDE
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Prepare rice mix according to package directions; cover, and set aside.
- Place squash halves cut side down onto a plate. Cook the squash in a microwave oven for 5 minutes on High, until tender but firm.
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, cook sausage until evenly browned; drain, and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the prepared rice, sausage, apple, and coriander. Stuff each squash half with the mixture.
- Cover stuffed squash halves with plastic wrap, and heat in the microwave until squash is cooked through and soft, about 5 minutes. Remove plastic, and top stuffed squash with cheese. Continue to cook until cheese is melted, about 1 minute.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 532 cal
- 27.1 g
- 43.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (51)Rate This Recipe
"this was great. my husband went back for seconds. i actually used two squash and the portions came out perfect. i also baked the squash instead of the microwave! it was good. i baked it 45 min first t..." See morehen 30 min filled, in case anyone wanted to know!"
"This is so easy and delicious! If you have more time, it is better to bake the squash with butter and brown sugar, add the topping and bake a little more to melt the cheese. I also like to use a spicy..." See more Italian ground sausage. To bake, put the acorn squash halves in a baking dish, open side up, with a good layer of water in the pan, cover with foil. Bake at 350 for about an hour."
"I only give it 4 stars because I really didn't make this recipe, but just used it as a guide and it rocked!! I liked the sausage idea. For the stuffing I used a mix of brown and wild rice, fresh cra..." See morenberries, a sweet gala apple, and soy breakfast links. I shredded a bit of gruyère on top and baked it for 30min. It was super duper good!! And the stuffing made so much that I took the extras to work the next day as a rice salad."
Stuffed Acorn Squash
Autumn Stuffed Acorn Squash
Just swipe to see more like this.