Awesome Eggplant Rollatine91 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 45 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 5 min
“This is one of my favorite recipes. Thin sliced eggplant is stuffed with cheese and spinach and topped with marinara sauce. I often use prepared jarred sauce to cut the cook time.” - by DEBNJAMES
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a shallow mixing bowl combine 3 eggs, 1 tablespoon garlic powder, 1 cup Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. In a separate, shallow dish or plate, pour the flour.
- Heat oil in a large, deep skillet. Dredge eggplant slices in flour, then in egg mixture and fry slices 2 or 3 at a time in hot oil. Place fried slices on a paper towel lined plate to drain.
- In a large bowl combine ricotta, 1/2 cup mozzarella, remaining 1 cup Parmesan, remaining 1 tablespoon garlic powder, 1 egg, parsley and spinach; mix well.
- Spread about 1/3 of the pasta sauce in the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish. Place about 2 tablespoons of spinach mixture in the center of each eggplant slice and roll securely; place in prepared pan. Pour remaining pasta sauce over eggplant rolls and top with remaining 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 938 cal
- 44.4 g
- 80 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (91)Rate This Recipe
"It should be noted that when you slice the eggplants, make sure you are slicing them lengthwise (not width-wise like my fiance did) :) Also, I would recommend instead of frying the slices, bake them..." See more on a cookie sheet w/ a layer of olive oil at 350 degrees for about 15 min. I also used fresh garlic instead of garlic powder. Good recipe."
"This is so good, but a lot of work, so I modified it. Instead of dredging in flour and then the egg/cheese mixture, I omit the flour altogether and just dredge the eggplant in egg, then in the cheese/..." See morespices mixture before frying. Instead of rolling it up, I just layer slices in the pan (with some sauce in the bottom of the dish) and put the cheese/spinach mixture on top, and then cover with the remaining sauce. It's truly awesome!"
"What a great dish!!! Make extra because this is one that's even better the next day. The batter for frying is too thick. I thinned it with milk. Something no one is saying here. Slice the eg..." See moregplant lengthwise or you won't be able to roll it. Also, I have added Sundried Tomatos and Basil from our garden to the filling. Fresh garlic would probably be good. i put mushroom slices in the botom of the pan with the sauce. Fairly easy dish - Make it your own."
Eggplant Parmesan with Fresh Basil and Smoked Mozzarella
Eggplant Parmesan II
Just swipe to see more like this.