Peach Whirligigs49 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 25 min
- Ready In: 45 min
“My mother-in-law makes this yummy dish every summer when peaches are in season. When my husband and I got married I just had to have the recipe to carry on the tradition! In autumn, replace the peaches with apples and you have a delicious fall dessert as well!” - by Tally Flint
Original recipe yields 6 rolls
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- In large saucepan over medium heat, combine peaches, water, 1 1/2 cups sugar and cornstarch. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture boils. Boil for one minute, then reduce heat to low to keep warm.
- In a large bowl, stir together baking mix, 2 tablespoons sugar, melted margarine and milk to form a soft dough. Remove to floured surface and knead 8 to 10 times. Roll out into a 9 inch square.
- Spread softened margarine over dough. Combine 1/4 cup sugar with cinnamon, and sprinkle mixture over dough. Roll dough into a log shape and cut into 6 - 1 1/2 inch slices. Pour hot peach mixture into an 8x8 inch baking dish. Place roll slices, cut side up, on top of peach mixture.
- Bake in preheated oven 20 to 25 minutes, until puffed and golden. Serve warm.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 459 cal
- 11.4 g
- 89 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (49)Rate This Recipe
"The Staff at AllRecipes has corrected this recipe to include the proper oven temperature! Give it a try. Happy Cooking!..." See more"
"This is a great recipe. I added some things - a tsp of vanilla to the biscuit mix, used brown sugar and cinnamon instead of white sugar and cinnamon and added walnuts to the apple mixture when I pour..." See moreed it into the pan. Turned out great!"
Old Fashioned Peach Cobbler
Peach Cobbler II
Just swipe to see more like this.