The Best Artichoke Chicken Buffet13 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 2 hr
- Ready In: 2 hr 20 min
“Wild rice and chicken pieces mixed with a plethora of vegetables, sherry and cream and baked into a delectable 'buffet'!” - by GUEMES
Original recipe yields 16 servings
- Combine wild rice and water in a saucepan, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 40 to 50 minutes.
- Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium-high heat until evenly browned. Drain, crumble, and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Cook onion and mushrooms in butter until soft. Stir in soup, cream, sherry, and salt; cook until hot.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C), and lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish. In a large bowl, mix together cooked bacon, soup mixture, chicken meat, artichoke hearts, carrots, and mozzarella cheese. Spread cooked rice in the bottom of the baking dish, then spread chicken and artichoke mixture over rice. Top with Parmesan cheese.
- Cover, and bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes. Remove cover, and bake for an additional 30 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (16 total)
- 410 cal
- 24.7 g
- 24.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (13)Rate This Recipe
"This is delicious but it is time-consuming to make. Also, the recipe makes more than a 9X13 pan can hold. I had an additional 9X9 pan full. If you've got the time, this is worth it! Tastes even be..." See moretter as a "left over.""
YHWH Bread of Life
"This is soo ymuuy! I made this a low-carb version (or just lower carb, depending on what "stage" you're on) by omitting the rice all together, and also the carrots. I added an additional can of arti..." See morechokes to soak up the soup, since there was no rice. Tasty! I could have taken out the onions, but they add so much flavor to a recipe!"
Best Baked Chicken
Just swipe to see more like this.