Brownie Batter + Cupcake = The SECOND BEST Cupcake. Ever252 Reviews
- Prep: 10 min
- Cook: 40 min
- Ready In: 50 min
“I'm not going to lie, my Chocolate Chip Cookie Cupcakes are still my favorite, but these are a VERY close second AND you don't have to wait for anything to freeze so they provide almost instant gratification, which makes me happy. Instantly. The very center of the brownie layer remains slightly gooey to give you that decadent brownie indulgence!” - by lovestohost
Original recipe yields 4 dozen cupcakes
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line 48 muffin cups with paper liners.
- Whisk together the brownie mix, 2 eggs, 1/2 cup canola oil, and 1/4 cup water in a bowl. Stir just until fully incorporated, about 50 strokes; set aside.
- Mix the cake mix, 2 tablespoons canola oil, 1 1/3 cup water, and 3 egg whites in a large bowl with an electric mixer on low speed until combined. Mix on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Spoon the brownie batter into prepared muffin cups, filling each cup 1/3 full. Spoon the cake batter over the brownie batter, until muffin cups are each 2/3 full.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden and the tops spring back when lightly pressed, about 20 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (48 total)
- 125 cal
- 6 g
- 17.2 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (252)Rate This Recipe
"I have made these twice and absolutely love them. I put the brownie mix in my piping bag with a large tip, than filled the cupcake paper up half way with the cake batter. Inserted the tip of my pipi..." See moreng bag into each cupcake and squished me out some brownie mix into the middle of each one. Frosted with store bought chocolate frosting, YUM!"
"I prepared these as directed and frosted them with a deep, rich chocolate frosting I thought was a great match, "One Bowl Buttercream Frosting," also from this site. There's not much more I can add t..." See moreo nearly 100 fantastic reviews for these cupcakes about preparation or taste. What I *would" like to add, however, is that what this recipe is all about, what lovestohost has singlehandedly accomplished with her successful experiments, (I refer also to her other infamous cupcake and cake recipes) is to make baking fun and to create whimsical treats. More than the finished product it's about the experience and the sheer joy you get from making these and her other recipes. Offhand, I can think of no other recipe with that distinction that is also so quick, easy, and that works for every baker, novice or skilled. These ARE a treat - for those baking them, for those who make these as a baking project with children, as well as for everybody eating them. Great recipe(s) lovestohost. It was a fun baking experience with a delightful result and I admire your creativity!"
"Yummy! These are pretty quick and cheap to make and take heavenly! First time made according to the directions and the second time I chilled the brownie batter before scooping it into cupcaking batter..." See more and this yielded yummy gooey centers. I love these cupcakes, I don't even bother to frost. 5-star with the chilling of the brownie batter and the addition of some extra vanilla to the cake batter. start check them at 15 min baking time."
Best Carrot Cake Ever
The Best Chocolate Cake You Ever Ate
Just swipe to see more like this.