Chicken Jubilee2 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 1 hr 15 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 30 min
“Chicken breasts lightly broiled, then baked with a cherry juice/brown sugar sauce, brandy and cherries.” - by PEG MISTARZ
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat oven to Broil.
- Lightly brush chicken breasts with melted butter and broil for 2 to 3 minutes each side, or until just lightly browned.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Place browned chicken in a 9x13 inch baking dish. In large bowl combine the reserved cherry liquid, sugar, chile sauce, water, Worcestershire sauce, onion, raisins and salt and pepper to taste. Mix all together and pour mixture over chicken.
- Cover dish and bake at 325 degrees F (165 degrees C) for 1 hour.
- Remove cover, add cherries and brandy to chicken and bake uncovered for another 15 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 530 cal
- 11.5 g
- 32.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (2)Rate This Recipe
"There were mixed reviews on this. I thought it was okay, but some guests raved! (I have to admit I did not use the brandy, though, per some guests' dietary needs). The comments I would note are: the w..." See moreater makes a very soupy sauce- would omit next time. The butter browns the chicken better than oil (I tried both), but in the end you could OMIT either as it make little difference in taste. Also, bone-in breasts are tastier than boneless, and were preferred over the drumstick-thighs I also used. I added a 1/4 tsp. garlic powder, 1 1/2 tsp. salt and 1/4 tsp. pepper."
Best Chicken Ever
Just swipe to see more like this.