Broccoli Casserole II58 Reviews
- Prep: 10 min
- Cook: 35 min
- Ready In: 45 min
“This is my grandmother's casserole, and her standard addition to our family dinners. Leftovers aren't leftover long.” - by JENCOOK
Original recipe yields 6 to 8 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a saucepan bring 2 cups water to a boil. Add rice and stir. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Melt margarine in a medium skillet over medium heat. Saute onions and celery until tender.
- In a 2 quart casserole dish combine onions, celery, cooked rice, broccoli, mushroom soup and processed cheese spread; mix well.
- Bake in preheated oven for 35 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 281 cal
- 13.3 g
- 35.2 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (58)Rate This Recipe
"This dish was fantastic! I used fresh broccoli florets instead of frozen and baked it an extra 10-15 minutes... until the broccoli was tender. I used 8 oz of velveeta cheese instead of the cheese ..." See morein the jar."
"Instead of the Processed cheese spread I used 1.5 C of shredded cheddar cheese. After tasting it I added salt, pepper, garlic salt and onion powder. If you don't use the processed cheese spread it i..." See mores not salty enough."
"This is the same recipe I've used for a couple of years and it is great. It is also good with cauliflower and sliced carrots in addition to the broccoli. I bake boneless, skinless chicken breast over ..." See morethis and sprinkle a little cheddar cheese over the whole thing. It's always gobbled up in a hurry and is a great way to get kids to eat their vegetables."
Awesome Broccoli Casserole
Just swipe to see more like this.