Baked Tuna 'Crab' Cakes19 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 40 min
- Ready In: 1 hr
“A delicious alternative to the original.” - by Chinadoll_82
Original recipe yields 18 tuna cakes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil, and spray with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, thoroughly mix the tuna, bread crumbs, zucchini, green pepper, onion, green onions, garlic, jalapeno pepper, cottage cheese, sour cream, 2 eggs, lime juice, dried basil, pepper, and salt.
- Beat 2 eggs in a shallow bowl, and place the cornmeal on a plate.
- Scoop up about 1/4 cup of the tuna mixture, and gently form it into a compact patty. Dip both sides of each cake into beaten egg and then press into cornmeal, and place the cakes onto the prepared baking sheet. Spray the tops of the cakes with cooking oil spray.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the tops of the cakes are beginning to brown, about 20 minutes. Flip each cake, spray with cooking spray, and bake until the cakes are cooked through and lightly browned, about 20 more minutes.
Amount Per Serving (9 total)
- 251 cal
- 3.8 g
- 25.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (19)Rate This Recipe
"I normally won't review a recipe unless I follow it to a T, but since this one hadn't been rated, I thought I would let others know it is really good. I was a little dubious, myself, and only chose th..." See moreis recipe because I could make it work with what I had on hand. My changes were modest: I didn't have any green onions, garlic, jalapenos, or sour cream so I substituted with regular onions, garlic powder, bottled hot sauce, and plain yogurt. I didn't have enough cornmeal, so I wound up using a cornmeal/flour mix. I liked these a lot and think they would be even better if I hadn't made so many substitutions. I didn't make a sauce, but next time I will. I'll probably try the cilantro-lime mayonnaise from the crab and noodle cakes with cilantro lime dressing on this site. "
"I LOVE these tuna cakes!! We have made them at least 5 times and every time they come out perfect. I didn't have cornmeal so I used seasoned bread crumbs, added more garlic & used frozen shredded zu..." See morecchini from the summer crop. When using frozen zucchini I used 2 cups - it thaws & juices seep out reducing down to 1 C. Don't let the jalapenos scare you off. My kids didn't know they were in there and asked for thirds. The recipe makes enough for us to eat two meals & great for leftovers. I'm going to try and sub out salmon next time for the tuna."
Paleo Maryland Crab Cakes
Bonnie's Crab Cakes
Just swipe to see more like this.